Last updated: 15/02/2023
The Policy will continue to apply even if you end your agreement with us, to continue to protect your data.
This Policy includes specific information about the use and disclosure of your information.
Our primary reason for the collection of personal data will be for quotation and booking purposes, to enable us to provide your service to you and to keep you informed about any promotions and services with us.
We will also let you know about additional offers or services available from us, that we believe are of legitimate interest to you. If you don’t want to hear about additional products and services, you can ‘opt-out’ by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Opt-Out.
1.The types of personal information we collect
Information that you provide to us
When you contact us about our services or complete an on-line form on our website or when you contact us by phone or e-mail, you are providing us with your personal information. The extent of information that you provide to us will depend on the reason that you’re providing it to us, but could include the following:
- Personal details such as your name, business name;
- Contact details such as your address, business address, email address and telephone number;
- Information about your business and your position within the business
Information that we collect about you
- Products and services that you have with us are recorded with your account and include transaction records, payment records, length of contract and associated financial terms of those contracts
- Information we use to identify and authenticate you such as your customer invoice number
- Records of correspondence between you and us such as letters, emails, calls, social media communications.
- Marketing and Sales information to record your preferences
2. How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information where you have clearly given us permission to do so, or if there is another lawful reason for using it. The reasons include the following:
- To allow us to fulfil a service under an agreed contract
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To pursue our legitimate interests
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
The reasons that we will use your information include:
- To deliver services
- For payment processing
- To notify you of any changes to products or services
- To manage our relationship with you, which will include telling you about services that we think will be relevant and of interest to you (unless you ask us not to)
- To understand how you use our services
- To ensure security and business continuity for you
- To correspond with any third-party suppliers
- To recover money from you which you owe
- Marketing: We’ll use your information to provide you with details of services under the lawful basis of legitimate interest. We would only want to share with you the things that we believe would be of genuine interest to you and your business. These may include services supplied by third parties.
- We will always make sure that we get your consent and capture your preferred method of contact. If you change your mind and want to stop receiving marketing content from us, you can contact us to Opt-Out.
3. Who we might share your data with and why
To enable us to provide you with a variety services, we collaborate and hold business relationships with various third-party suppliers. To fulfil these agreements, we may need to share your data for the processing of a service. We will only ever share your data in relation to these types of agreements based on your request for a product or service and with prior agreement and consent.
4. The lawful basis for using your personal information
There are different lawful bases that we rely on to use your personal information:
The personal data that we hold about you is required for the purposes of delivering the service that we have with you. For example, processing payments, delivering your service and updating you on any changes.
>Legitimate interests: We may use your personal information for legitimate interests, for example to improve our products and services or to notify you about relevant products and services that we genuinely believe to be of interest to you and your business. Where we believe it is appropriate, we will provide an opt-out option so that you can maintain control over how we use your information.
5. Where we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Any personal data that you give us is stored on our cloud based Diary & Accounting packages. Data used for processing payments is stored on internal servers on a secure closed network.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. How long we’ll keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is necessary.
Any personal identification (ID) required for application purposes will be destroyed after 30 days of the application being processed
9. Your rights
To ensure that you have control over the information that we hold about you, there are several rights that you have:
- You have the right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you and understand how we process it.
- In some circumstances you have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your information, however if we have other legitimate reasons to process your data, such as contractual reasons, we may continue to use your personal data.
- You have the right to request your data be supplied to you in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You may ask us to update your information if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information. We will keep required data in line with our data retention policy as we may be entitled to or required to.